Monday, November 13, 2017

Swing Journal 11.13.17

Here's a video of my latest swing.


I haven't posted in a while.  First, I was planning on getting a lesson from Denny Lucas & Jeff Haas about once every 6 weeks.  I was planning to get another lesson after a week long vacation I took in the middle of July.  However, I caught pertussis and after I came back from the vacation, I took 4 weeks off.

Then I wanted to get my swing back and that took a few weeks, only for Hurricane Irma to come along. 

That shut down golf for another week and when I tried to get back into the swing of things...more rain would shut down the driving ranges and golf courses.

I think there are some improvements at impact (first photo is from October, second photo is from May)


The 'after' photo shows less secondary tilt and the hands are more 'forward'/towards the target than in the 'before' photo.


In the release, I'm now more of a rolling release instead of the flip-roll release. The goal is to get rid of the roll release as well.  But in the end, this has resulted in better launch angles and hitting the irons about 5-10 yards further.

This is all set up by a better move in transition that allows me to not tilt the upper body too much in the downswing.


The differences are slight, but in the first pic the pelvis is in left pelvic tilt.  The second pic the hips are more level.  So in the second pic, the pelvis pushes forward laterally instead of rotating.





3JACK

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey I love your site!
I am a golf ball enthusiast and so I am in the process of starting a new business that will aim to custom fit golfers for the correct type of golf ball and then we will customize a package for them that will be sent every month. I am calling it Revolutionary Golf Balls. Since we are in the same niche I was wondering if you would be nice enough to share my landing page. If you do I will add your website to the sponsor list. I plan on launching the Kickstarter in March. Here is the link to the landing page: www.RevolutionaryGolfBalls.com
Thank you so much I really appreciate it!
,Mike

lummot said...

I always like to leave comments whenever I see something impressive. I appreciate your expert article! Best Golf Drivers In 2018 – Top Picks And Reviews